10 Signs a Child is Being Bullied
The very first “Key” in my 8 Keys to End Bullying: Strategies for Parents & Schools book is to Know Bullying When You See Bullying. To that end, I begin the book by distinguishing bullying from rude and mean behavior so that kids, professionals and parents all know what they are dealing with and how best to respond.
Also in this first Key, I share information about:
- 4 types of bullying (physical, verbal, relational and cyber)
- Who bullies? (Hint: it’s not limited to “kids with low self-esteem,” as many of our parents used to tell us)
- Why kids bully
- Who is most vulnerable to being bullied?
- When does bullying take place?
- Whose responsibility is it to stop bullying?
- Common signs and symptoms of bullying
The 10 Signs a Child is Being Bullied guide, available for free download by clicking the link below, is a handy, printable resource for adults who want an at-a-glance reminder of what to look for in young people who may be on the receiving end of bullying. I hope you find it useful!
Bullying freebie_10 Signs of Bullying