In her workshops and trainings, Signe uses her 20+ years of experience working with children, adolescents, and families to offer insights, advice, and practical strategies for bringing an end to bullying. A frequent speaker at local and national conferences, Signe also presents directly to students, staff, and parents. Contact her today to book your next event.
FOR ELEMENTARY & MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS
Through interactive workshops, students participate in engaging discussions, skill-building scenarios, and hands-on activities to learn practical strategies for bringing an end to bullying. Signe customizes every student presentation based on the needs identified by each school. Most requested programs include:
- #Words Matter: Students learn the key difference between rude, mean & bullying behaviors and gain specific strategies for responding effectively to each one. This 45-60 min presentation is highly interactive and uses realistic scenarios and small group work to help kids understand and relate to the key concepts.
- What’s Your 1 Thing?: In this interactive presentation, students learn about their power to be a “superhero” to someone else by stepping in to stop bullying anytime they see it. Kids will identify and commit to practical ways that they have the power to stop bullying. This 45-60 min presentation uses extensive student participation to build practical skills.
- 10 Rules for Enjoying Life Online & Deleting Cyberbullying: Students learn 10 relatable rules for enjoying social media and technology without falling prey to its common pitfalls. This interactive presentation is usually scheduled in 45-60 minutes.
The bad news: Bullying among young people is a widespread problem in the United States. If there was a one-size-fits-all solution to the problem, it would have been suggested and implemented long ago. Getting a handle on bullying is a complex challenge that leaves many professionals and parents feeling overwhelmed and helpless.
The good news: “Big” solutions are trumped each and every day by the small, powerful acts that trustworthy adults can use to signal to individual kids that their dignity is paramount and that their safety will be prioritized.
Signe offers practical strategies for bringing and end to bullying, including:
- Discerning between rude, mean, and bullying behaviors
- Assessing reported incidents of bullying
- Changing school culture to prevent bullying dynamics
- What to say to students to stop bullying in-the-moment
- How to listen effectively to students when they reach out for help
- Integrating social and emotional learning into regular curriculum
- Intervening to keep social media activity from interfering with school dynamics
Keynotes, in-services, and workshops for professionals and parents are typically scheduled over 60-90 minutes.