LSCI Training & NEW Online Course Option
Life Space Crisis Intervention is an advanced, therapeutic verbal strategy for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for children and youth with chronic patterns of self-defeating behaviors. A nationally recognized, professional training and certification program, LSCI views problems or stressful incidents as opportunities for learning, growth, insight, and change. This non-physical intervention program uses a multi-theoretical approach to behavior management and problem solving.
LSCI provides educators, counselors, social workers, and youth care professionals with a roadmap through conflict to desired outcomes using crisis as an opportunity to teach and create positive relationships with youth.
LSCI training provides specific skills for helping children and youth who:
- Act out in stress toward unsuspecting helpers, sparking explosive and endless power struggles
- Make poor decisions based on distorted thought patterns and perceptual errors
- Have the right intentions and motivation but lack the social skills to be successful
- Are purposefully aggressive and exploitive with little conscience
- Act in self-damaging ways due to being burdened with shame and inadequacy
- Become entangled in destructive peer relationships and are vulnerable to manipulation
LSCI Training offers up to 30 CEU’s for eligible professionals and up to 3 graduate credits in Psychology or Special Education.
ALL NEW! LSCI is now ONLINE:
On August 1, 2011, the LSCI Institute will begin to offer Part 1 of its Certification course online. Participants will have the option of completing the Introduction to LSCI on their own schedule, then continuing on to complete the full certification through 3 days of live training. The online course provides instruction in the foundation skills of LSCI, including up-to-date brain research and principles of trauma-informed care. The live course provides full instruction in the advanced skills of LSCI, including the six interviews that can help children make long term gains in overcoming patterns of self-defeating behavior.
To find out more about LSCI online and to register for training, please visit www.lsci.org
LSCI LIVE, at your organization:
To have the LSCI certification course delivered to your area, please e-mail Signe@SigneWhitson.com.