Life Space Crisis Intervention Training is Now Available ONLINE
Life Space Crisis Intervention (LSCI) is an advanced, interactive therapeutic strategy for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for children and youth with chronic patterns of self-defeating behaviors. LSCI views stressful incidents as opportunities for learning, growth, insight, and change.
Our non-physical intervention program combines evidence-based practice with the most up-to-date brain research and principles of trauma-informed care, offering a multi-theoretical approach to behavior management and problem solving. LSCI provides professionals with a roadmap through conflict to desired outcomes using crisis as an opportunity to teach and create positive relationships with youth.
Starting this August, Part 1 of the LSCI certification will be available as an online course for the first time ever! The online Introduction to LSCI provides in-depth instruction in the fundamental skills of LSCI, including:
- The differences in psychological worlds between helping adults and kids under stress
- The impact of chronic stress and traumatic events in the lives of young people
- The brain’s role in driving repetitive and predictable patterns of self-defeating behavior
- Helping kids bring language to emotion and gain insight into their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- The LSCI Conflict Cycle
- Effective interviewing skills
- The six most common patterns of self-defeating behavior
- How to conduct a complete Red Flag reclaiming intervention