Life Space Crisis Intervention is an advanced, therapeutic verbal strategy for turning crisis situations into learning opportunities for children and youth with chronic patterns of self-defeating behaviors. A nationally recognized, professional training and certification program, LSCI views problems or stressful incidents as opportunities for learning, growth, insight, and change. This non-physical intervention program uses a multi-theoretical approach to behavior management and problem solving.
LSCI provides educators, counselors, social workers, psychologists, youth care professionals, and parents with a roadmap through conflict to desired outcomes using crisis as an opportunity to teach and create positive relationships with youth.
LSCI training provides specific skills for helping children and youth who:
- Act out in stress toward unsuspecting helpers, sparking explosive and endless power struggles
- Make poor decisions based on distorted thought patterns and perceptual errors
- Have the right intentions and motivation but lack the social skills to be successful
- Are purposefully aggressive and exploitive with little conscience
- Act in self-damaging ways due to being burdened with shame and inadequacy
- Become entangled in destructive peer relationships and are vulnerable to manipulation
LSCI Training offers up to 30 CEU’s for eligible professionals and up to 3 graduate credits in Psychology or Special Education.
ALL NEW! LSCI Skills for Parents training
For the first time ever, LSCI now offers training to parents and caregivers, providing them with practical skills for conflict prevention and de-escalation and for managing some of the most challenging behavior of children and teens. For detailed information on the LSCI Skills for Parents training for large or small groups, visit the LSCI Training Opportunities page.
ALL NEW! From Conflict to Coping: Understanding the LSCI Conflict Cycle
The Conflict Cycle™ is LSCI’s major paradigm for understanding the dynamics of escalating power struggles between adults and children.
From Conflict to Coping: Understanding the LSCI Conflict Cycle curriculum is used to train professionals to:
- Understand and recognize the dynamics of conflict and escalating power struggles between students and adults.
- Develop effective strategies to control counter-aggression and de-escalate conflicts with kids.
For registration information, please visit the LSCI Training Opportunities page.
LSCI is ONLINE:
The LSCI Institute now offers Part 1 of its Certification course online. Participants can complete the Introduction to LSCI on their own schedule, then continue on to complete the full certification through 3 days of live training. The online course provides instruction in the foundation skills of LSCI, including up-to-date brain research and principles of trauma-informed care. The live course provides full instruction in the advanced skills of LSCI, including the six interviews that can help children make long term gains in overcoming patterns of self-defeating behavior.
To find out more about LSCI online and to register for training, please e-mail Signe@SigneWhitson.com
LSCI LIVE, at your organization:
To have the LSCI certification course delivered to your area, please e-mail Signe@SigneWhitson.com.